5 REASONS YOU NEED TO REPLACE YOUR DOORS BEFORE WINTER
A front door replacement in Thornhill or a front door replacement in Vaughan can take on many forms. From the stylish all-glass model door to the traditional all-wood door, there are many to choose from. But one thing to keep in mind when you need a front door replacement in Thornhill or a front replacement in Vaughan is the time of year you have the work completed. We must remember that a front door’s core functions are that the first task a door assumes is security; it keeps intruders out and a family safe in their residence. The second thing a door does is a variation of the first; it provides environmental security from the weather and climate. At Belleli Doors, we want to help homeowners decide when to take on the project that a new front door for their home is and why it is good to complete to work before the winter comes in like a lion.
Five reasons why the work should be done before the season changes
1. In Canada, we have four seasons; that is a given. And in winter, it gets cold outside, snow falls and icy winds blow throughout towns and cities. A poor front door that offers nothing in the way of insulation will see your household heating costs evaporate in the chill of the night. Replacing that old tired door before the winter will save you money on heating and cooling costs. It reduces the stress on your HVAC system and keeps your home much warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer when you replace the door before the snow comes.
2. We mentioned security previously, and we want to share some information about break-ins that you may not know. In the winter, property crimes – like break-ins soar – and explanations are limited at best. One reason stems from the early setting sun. Thieves have the cover of darkness earlier, which means their criminality can be conducted without being out in the dead of night.
3. A replacement front door is an expense that you can spread out over many years. You will use the door for at least a generation, and the cost of the door is spread over 20 years. Why live with an indoor temperature that isn’t stable due to heat leaks and drafts entering your home when it’s unnecessary? Again, replacing the front door offers financial benefits and creature comforts when replaced before colder temperatures reign supreme.
4. As we emerge from the vagaries of winter, a spring thaw will bring mud and creates a challenge for the cleanup crew at your home. When a new door is installed, all the dirt and crud that has built-up around the doorway will be gone, and you will have a fresh start to the spring. Nothing says renewal like a new front door in the spring. It will add to your home’s curb appeal and provide an insight into the character of the people who live in the house. A new door will provide easy cleanup; fibreglass doors and PVC doors are easy to clean and can be spruced up with a bit of water and cleanser when you need to remove a stain or two.
5. The door industry is seasonal, like many other businesses that provide home upgrades and renovations. In keeping with the flux of business, have your new front door installed in the fall. Here is why. Door companies like roofers will offer deep discounts for work in the fall that help keep their crews working during slow periods. You can enjoy substantial savings having a new door installed off-season, a lot like taking a winter vacation before the tourist season hits.
Belleli Doors has the inventory you are looking for when shopping for a door.
Shopping for residential doors can be a chore when you have limited knowledge of the industry. That is why you should bring your cares and concerns to us at Belleli Doors. From the design specialists to installation techs, our team has a vast amount of experience in helping choose the right door and provide the correct installation for the door you have chosen. To review our inventory and discuss your design ideas, call our showroom today at Belleli Doors at 647.957.7787.