How to pick the best front door for your home?
Your front door is the window to your world, and the door says so much about the people who live in the home from a character and style standpoint. Conversely, if your front door is an eyesore or in a state of disrepair, it can have an adverse effect on the first impression you make on a visitor. If your door is less than you want it to be, a front door replacement can be the thing that enhances your curb appeal and turns your home into the jewel you envision it to be. When a front door replacement is in the cards, you need a quality front door installation to make the project a success. Why purchase a new front door if it isn’t installed correctly? When you think about selecting a front door, two things should be paramount in your mind, security and functionality. When you deal with us at Belleli Doors,we have those details in mind when you need a front door replacement that requires a professional front door installation. Let’s take a look at the front doors available on the market to provide for your needs.
A wood front door
- Certainly, a wood door is the old reliable in the door business. It can be stained or painted depending on your home’s design scheme that matches your brickwork or siding. A stately wood door can add an air of elegance to your entranceway and add custom carving to the door, and it an eye-popping presentation. Wood doors require care and maintenance to keep their sheen, and when you install one, be prepared to paint or stain the door every two years.
- Some people say that fibreglass doors are the greater imitator. They can be finished to look like a wood door without the requirements that come with the upkeep. That says versatility, and the fibreglass door can be purchased in many different styles that can be mixed and matched to create the perfect entryway. Longevity is another important element that a fibreglass door brings to your home. It will last longer than any other door on the market, and it is impervious to weather and climate. To complete the advantages that a fibreglass door provides is strength against unwanted entry and energy-efficiency round out the benefits. The price point of a fibreglass door is in the mid-range for the cost to purchase, making this door economical for what it provides.
- Relatively inexpensive and strong are the calling cards of a steel door. They afford security and a high level of durability as a front door option. Cracking and warping do not occur with steel doors, but they do have a couple of problems. Steel can rust if not treated with a rustproofing compound, and they have a shorter shelf life than fibreglass or wood doors.
The colour palette
- Depending on the message you want to send with your front door, the colour will drive the message. First, think about the colour of the home and how the door’s colour will blend in with the architecture, like the bricks and siding. Also, be aware of your neighbourhood surroundings; you don’t want a neon orange door in a neighbourhood where the homes are century homes.
- To attach a touch of flair or elegance to your front door, use a glass insert to set the door off. Options like textured glass or bevelled glass are always a great accent to consider that adds spice to your entranceway. Sidelites are another addition that can make a door stand out, and let us not forget that natural light shining in creates a welcoming ambiance for the front entranceway.
- You can choose from a traditional doorknob and door knocker for an old-school feel or step out with the latest in door handles that add style to the décor of your home. Fixtures can be added, and there are many different ones to choose from to match the door you have selected. Last but not least, you need a quality lock to provide the security you desire from your front door. You can pre-purchase a lock with your new door or consult a locksmith should you need something else.
Bellei Doors, we have everything you need
For many years we provided quality front door options to the Greater Toronto Area. Our service technicians are reliable and have a wealth of product knowledge to assist them when installing a new front door. Also, we aren’t just a sales and installation service; if you need a front door repair, we keep your door in good working order until you are ready to purchase a new front door.
Make a date to meet with one of our design consultants at Belleli Doors to improve your front entranceway. To book your design meeting, please call our showroom today at Belleli Doors at 647.957.7787.